Sunday is a special day. It’s the day of rest, the start of a new week and an opportunity to enjoy all the little things in life.
On Sundays we also have an opportunity to experience life without its shadows of yesterday spoiling our present moments – by focusing on being positive people, surrounding ourselves with positive energy, taking deep breaths and finding inner peace on this special day. We can be grateful for all that we have accomplished this week and look forward with anticipation towards what lies ahead for us during the following week.
Happy Sunday quotes like “It’s a beautiful Sunday morning, let your soul delight in happiness!” are great reminders that no matter what has happened over the previous few days or weeks, every day has potential for greatness – just like today! Whether it’s spending time with friends or family members or simply taking some alone time for yourself, make sure your Sunday is filled with positivity!
If you’re looking for some inspiration on this wonderful Sunday, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some inspirational good morning Sunday blessings that will help you start your day off in the best way possible.
Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote, “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” This quote encapsulates why Sundays are so special; they’re the perfect time to take stock of your life and create a plan for the week ahead. On Sundays we can appreciate how far we’ve come, where we want to go, and what we need to do in order to get there.
Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan
Albert Schweitzer said: “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan”. The meaning of this quote is multifaceted, but to me it means that we need to take time off from our everyday lives to take care of our soul. Sundays are a good day for this, because they usually represent rest and relaxation in a world where we often forget to rest ourselves. It is essential that we create some sort of ritual or practice on Sundays that allows us to replenish our souls. Without doing so, our soul slowly begins to deteriorate until it becomes “orphaned”– forgotten and unloved. Taking time for yourself on Sunday helps restore your sense of purpose and meaning in life, giving your soul a much needed break.
Sunday, the day for the language of leisure
Elfriede Jelinek, the author of The Piano Teacher wrote “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” The quote “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure” speaks to how moments of leisure allow us to break away from our daily routines and express ourselves in a different way. It acknowledges that Sunday is a day where we can take a step back from our typical responsibilities and instead engage in activities that bring us joy and relaxation. It implies that through leisurely conversations on Sunday, we are given the opportunity to express our feelings openly without feeling restrained by the hustle and bustle of everyday life. By setting aside certain periods for leisurely dialogue on Sunday, we can build meaningful relationships with others and create memories that will last long after the day is over.
Be the change you want to see in this world
Another inspiring Sunday morning quote is often quoted to be said by Mahatma Gandhi: “Be the change you want to see in this world” – reminding us that each individual has the power to make positive changes in their own life or within their community or even further afield. But this is actually a shorted quote, and he really said:
“We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Famous Quotes for Inspiration on Sunday
“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
“I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” – Oscar Wilde
“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African proverb
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’” – C.S. Lewis
“There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
“True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… To find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” – Baltasar Gracian
“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
“You can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
“Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
“If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
“People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand
“So be a mirror reflecting yourself back, and remembering the times when you thought all of this was too hard and that you’d never make it through. Remember the times you could have pressed quit – but you hit continue.” -Shane Koyczan
Sunday is a day of relaxation and reflection. For me, it’s a chance to spend time with family, prepare for the upcoming week, and appreciate the beauty of nature. I find myself taking drives through nearby parks and breathing in the fresh air while listening to favorite uplifting tunes. It’s a great opportunity to decompress from the events of the week while also taking some time to appreciate all that life has to offer. With increasing work demands, Sunday serves as an important reminder to take a step back every now and then and be grateful for everything we have here on earth. Here are my random musings about Sunday.
“Don’t stay inside your box,” reminding us that while it’s important to set boundaries and be responsible with our decisions, we should always be open to trying new things and pushing ourselves outside our comfort zone.
Sunday: The day of rest, for the sole purpose of preparing for the week ahead.
Just when you think you can rest on a Sunday, someone says “Pancake Day”
Sundays: When everyone gets 24 hours to finally catch up on all the sleep they deprived themselves of during the week.
On Sunday, I’m like a snail who’s finally in its shell.
One thing’s for sure, no matter how bad Monday is it can’t be as difficult as Sunday trying to plan out your weekly schedule.
“Sunday Funday” is really just an excuse to squeeze in one more day of procrastination before the workweek starts.
Sundays are my favorite day of the week because that’s when I get to do all my favorite things – like sleeping and watching Netflix!
Sundays are a chance to recover from Saturday night, recharge your batteries and refresh your soul.
If every day was a Sunday, life would be too easy!
Nothing quite compares to the feeling of waking up on a sunny Sunday morning with nothing but possibilities ahead.
My Thoughts about Sundays
Sunday is the day of rest, but let’s be honest it’s more like a day of Netflix binging.
It’s Sunday, time to take a break from the hustle and bustle and just relax.
The best part about Sunday is that you can sleep in without guilt!
I’m not sure if Sunday is for rest or for worrying about all the tasks coming up next week.
Relaxing on Sunday is like a mini vacation before the work week starts again.
Sundays are for sleeping in, eating brunch, and taking those much-needed mental health breaks.
Let’s make Sunday count by sleeping late, eating good food, and getting some well-deserved relaxation.
Sundays should be treated as sacred days of rest and tranquility.
Don’t worry about tomorrow because today is Sunday! Enjoy your rest day!
There’s no better way to spend your free time than on a lazy Sunday with family or friends!
Sundays are like the “reset” button on life.
Sunday Funday: Take a nap, eat some snacks and watch Netflix!
Sunday’s motto: Sleep in, stay in bed and relax
Sundays should be renamed to “Staycations”.
Unplugging from your devices is the best way to enjoy a Sunday.
Sunday mood: Give yourself permission to snooze and recharge.
On this wonderful day, put your worries aside and enjoy the day off!
Don’t be afraid to take it slow on Sundays – it’s a day for rest!
Don’t forget that Sunday is self-care day!
Today’s plan: Rest & Relaxation till Monday morning.
Good things on Sunday mornings: a good cup of coffee, sunshine, and hope for the week ahead
Sunday is the perfect day to finally get around to doing those projects you’ve been putting off
Sundays are made for cozy blankets, hot cocoa, and your favorite movie
Don’t forget: Sunday is the new day for self-care & relaxation
Sunday evenings chill sessions are the best way to recharge after a long week
Wake up on Sunday with a smile on your face – and a plan for what you want to do
Let Sundays be a reminder that life isn’t all work and no play
Sundays = extra snooze time followed by brunch dreams come true
Fill your Sundays with laughter, love, and lots of delicious food!
Make sure to take some time out this Sunday just for yourself!
Here’s a good morning message: Good morning world! Rise and shine, it’s a beautiful day to start anew.
Rise and shine, it’s time to greet the day with a smile! Good morning all!
Wakey wakey eggs and bakey! Rise and shine, it’s good morning time.
Today is a new beginning. Here’s to starting off your day right! Good morning!
Mornin’ y’all! Let the sunrays warm your face and fill you with positive vibes.
Early bird gets the worm they say – so rise and shine, good morning friends!
Start your day off right with some optimism and enthusiasm. Good morning!
Don’t hit snooze on today – start it off right with a “Happy Good Morning” instead.
Greet the sunshine with open arms – good morning everyone, let’s get this day started!
There are so many wonderful possibilities waiting for us in this brand new day. Happy Good Morning everyone!
What is the best day of the week?
Sunday: Because mimosas, brunch, and naps are still a thing.
Everyday can be the best day if you choose to make it so!
• Sunday Funday – the best day of the week!
• The Lord’s Day. Time to relax, regroup and reconnect with God.
• A Lord’s Day well spent brings a week of contentment.
• Sunday is the Lord’s Day and His joy will be your strength.
• Rise and shine! It’s Lord’s Day, let’s make it count!
• Set aside some time today to honor the Lord before anything else.
• There’s something special about the Lord’s day! Enjoy it!
• Get ready for a day full of blessings on this Lord’s Day. Rejoice!
• Celebrate this blessed Lord’s Day with peace and joy in your heart.
• No matter what kind of week you had, The Lord’s Day is a fresh start!
• Peace brings unity and beauty to our lives – cherish it!
• A peaceful life is a life of joy and contentment.
• When you find peace within yourself, the world around you becomes more peaceful.
• To make peace, one must first be at peace with oneself.
• May the peace that comes from within bring us together in harmony.
• Find moments of peace even in the midst of chaos.
• Every day we can choose whether to bring more peace or more chaos into the world.
• True power comes from inner stillness and peace of mind.
• The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose peace over anxiety.
• Peace isn’t something you wish for; it’s something you make, one step at a time.
Small Positive Things You Can Do on a Fantastic Sunday
• Create memories that will last a lifetime
• Make someone’s day brighter
• Give genuine compliments
• Exercise your body and mind
• Reach out to your friends and family
• Take time for yourself to relax and re-energize
• Cook a meal for someone you care about
• Try something new outside of your comfort zone
• Learn something new today – knowledge is power!
• Do something kind for someone else without expecting anything in return
Blessed Sunday Morning
• Ain’t no blessing like the one from God, ’cause there ain’t no blessing like His love!
• Every morning, I thank the Lord for all of His blessings.
• Keeping faith in God will always bring you blessings!
• Don’t forget to count your blessings every day!
• The best thing you can do is to ask God for His blessings and He will surely provide.
• When life gets tough, remember that God’s blessings are here for you.
• May we all remember that God’s blessings are available to us if we just open our hearts.
• It may be hard to see it at times, but God sends us blessings every day.
• No matter what happens in life, never forget that you’re blessed by God’s grace.
• Gratitude is key to unlocking the door of Heaven and receiving its many blessings.
Fostering Friendships on Sunday
•Friends are like stars; you don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.
•Friendships don’t need daily conversations, monthly meetings or even yearly celebrations. As long as the relationship lives in the hearts, true friends never part.
•You know it’s a real friendship when no matter how much time passes, you can pick up right where you left off.
•A strong friendship doesn’t need daily communication and constant attention. As long as the connection is strong enough, distance cannot break it apart.
•Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known longest—it’s about who walked into your life and said “I’m here for you” and proved it.
•Friendship is like planting a tree: Sometimes one has to let go of the seed to see it grow tall and strong!
•True friendship doesn’t require daily talks or weekly visits—just an understanding that together we stand!
•Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves—and good ones never fade away!
•Good friends are like stars, You don’t always see them but you know they’re always there!
•The greatest gift of life is friendship and I have received it!
• Friends come and go, but best friends are forever.
• Best friends are like stars, you don’t always see each other but they’re always there.
• A best friend is someone who laughs at your jokes even when they’re not good.
• Good times become better and bad times become bearable with a best friend by your side.
• Having a best friend is like having an extra heartbeat that beats just for you.
•A true friend can see the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.
• The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
• Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things.
• Friends don’t let you do stupid things alone!
• Life is an awful lot more fun when you have a best friend to share it with.
• Shine bright like the sun!
• Sun’s out, smiles out
• Today is the day to bask in the sunshine
• Summer already? I’m feeling the heat
• Sunshine brings a smiley face to everyone
• Who says you can’t bottle up sunshine?
• Life’s too short not to enjoy some rays
• There ain’t no cloud that can block this sunshine
• Every season needs a little bit of sunshine
• Sunshine is just nature’s way of telling us to smile
• Prayer: when you need a break from reality and the world won’t give it to you.
• Prayers are like boomerangs; put good thoughts out there, and they will eventually return.
• When life gives you lemons, pray for sugar.
• Praying with faith means you’re half way to your destination already.
• Prayers can unlock the door to miracles!
• One prayer is worth more than a thousand words.
• Pray for peace in your heart, no matter what is going on around you.
• Prayer brings strength and courage when we think we don’t have any left.
• The one who prays while in difficulty will find that difficulty removed soon enough.
• We often forget to thank God until we’re in a crisis- but let’s not forget to thank Him during our blessings too!
• Is it just me or did the birds get louder during meditation?
• If meditation is like a bridge between me and my inner peace, then why do I keep getting stuck in traffic on the way there?
• If I meditate hard enough, maybe I can figure out a way to get more than 24 hours in a day.
• Meditation isn’t always about being still. Sometimes it’s also about being very, very silent.
• “Inner peace” sounds a lot like something they’d serve up at an expensive spa, but surprisingly it’s free when you take the time to meditate.
• The only thing that can calm me down better than meditation is an entire season of Friends playing on repeat.
• Not sure if anyone else does this, but I’ve started counting my breaths during meditation instead of sheep before bed. It works!
• Just finished my morning meditation sesh and ready to start the day with clear mind and open heart.
• 10 minutes of meditation = 1 hour of sleep #winning
• One of my favorite things about meditating is that no matter how busy life gets, I always have 10 minutes for myself.
Day of Rest: Break from Social Media
• Adios, social media. I’m taking a break to catch up on reality.
• No more scrolling! Taking a break from the ‘gram to focus on myself.
• Logging off and logging in to life- it’s time for a social media sabbatical!
• Goodbye newsfeeds, hello nature walks. I’m trading in my phone for fresh air.
• Recharging my soul, not my battery- I’m taking a break from the ‘net.
• No more notifications- just relaxation! Off the grid and into nature.
• Breaking away from the buzz of online commotion- embracing the stillness of offline moments.
• Going ghost on social media until further notice- bye bye virtual world!
• Wave goodbye to my timeline, time for an unplugged retreat!
• Out with the scroll and in with self growth- taking some much needed me time.
Sundays can be such special days if we give them the chance! They provide us with an opportunity to reflect on our blessings while also planning ahead for what lies ahead in our lives during the upcoming week; they remind us that even amidst chaos there is always hope. So take this lovely Sunday as an opportunity to spend quality time doing something you enjoy – whether it’s reading a good book or enjoying a cup of coffee while watching the sunrise – and truly make it your favorite day of the week! Let these inspirational good morning Sunday blessings bring joy into your heart today as you savor every moment that this beautiful day brings! Have a great Sunday everyone!